COVID Update - November 13, 2020
Throughout the last eight months, our posture as a church is to be a caring and discipling community, while doing everything we can to minimize the spread of COVID-19. Yesterday, new two-week health measures were announced for the province of Alberta, and we wish to be active participants in attempting to lower infection rates during this time period. While not all these measures are specifically mandated by Provincial Guidance for Places of Worship, Sherwood Park Alliance Church will make the following adjustments between November 13-27, 2020:
- All Life Groups (including all variations) will move to digital-only formats. This includes those who meet at home or at the church facility.
- Youth Ministries, both Junior High and Senior High, will move to digital only formats.
- In-person Worship Gatherings will continue with modifications to singing; registration is required for 9 am and 11 am services. Online gatherings will continue to take place on Saturday at 7 pm and Sunday 9 am and 11 am on the various platforms.
- In-person Kids Ministries will pause for the two-week period; digital content will remain available at spac.ca/kids
- All Leadership Core meetings (board meetings, etc.) will be digital only.
- Pastoral Care will be digital where possible. Walk-in’s or necessary in-person meetings will only take place in public areas with strict adherence to health protocols.
- TreeHouse Preschool will continue as schools are to remain open.
- Weddings and Funerals will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
As COVID cases continue to rise in our community, Sherwood Park Alliance Church will follow the directives outlined by provincial authorities in an effort to prevent the spread of the virus.
As we navigate through this season your ongoing support, diligence and flexibility are appreciated. This a difficult time for many. Please continue to pray for those in our community who are suffering, isolated and alone, and for leaders who are under tremendous pressure to protect the safety, health and well-being of those they steward. In these times, our attention is turned toward Jesus; He is our light and our hope.
What's happening at SPAC?
Want to stay In the Know about what's happening at SPAC
Sign up for our e-News email updates